Friday, March 18, 2011

Find the Story Friday! Giving you the Bird ~ :)

I think there's a way to type "the bird"...a couple of m's...a 1 in the middle...something, something.  But, COME ON, now!  Would I really do that to my lovely blog friends??  Perish the thought.  PERISH it!  :)

Actually, I'm taking a cue from Jen Daiker, who recently blogged that "fun" blog titles draw in the readers.  And as I just didn't feel right about posting a pic this Friday that involved anything to do with "naked" or "balls"... I thought I might be able to get away with this one:

~
~~
~~~
~~~~
~~~~~
~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
~~~~~~
~~~~~
~~~~
~~~
~~
~


Now, look closely.  My little bird friend wanted to pop by today and tell you that we have a lovely spring coming soon this year.  In three short days, March 21st, the first day of Spring arrives (per my calendar, anyhow.  Does this differ outside of the U.S.?).   I must be channeling my inner Mary Lennox today.  Just had to post a pic of this "cheeky little beggar".

Please tell me ~ your MC comes across this fine feathered friend on the first day of spring.  What happens next?

Wishing you warm showers, flowers, and sunny weather soon!  Happy Friday!

16 comments:

Samantha Sotto said...

My MC happens to think that you can get through anything if you have a chicken, so I'm sure the little birdie in your garden will make him smile and nod approvingly :D

KM Nalle said...

My MC would watch him for a bit and then get back to planning his demon raids.

Jess said...

They chat and go to the woods for a lovely picnic, worms and all :)

DEZMOND said...

oooh, tulips, my favourite flowers :) My garden's gonna look like that in a few weeks as soon as Spring arrives.

Lenny Lee said...

hi miss donea! i love that picture. my mc is a dragonfly so he would land on a flower and snatch off a insect and give it to the bird. then theyre gonna be good friends and meet up every morning for insects and chat.
...hugs from lenny

Donna K. Weaver said...

Kari Marie, you made me laugh!

My main character would be loving the change from tropical plants and enjoying plants that need some cold weather.

Bish Denham said...

My MC would ask the robin to teach her how to fly. (Which could lead down a number of different paths like: she turns into a robin and has to eat worms. Or...she growns huge wings in place of her arms.)

Talli Roland said...

Loved the title! :)

Yes, the 21st is spring here in London, too. I cannot wait. Gorgeous photos.

Carrie said...

Beautiful picture! I love that you were channeling your inner Mary Lennox. Hilarious!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

He wonders what he's doing on earth! Have a great weekend.

Southpaw said...

Oh spring I have missed thee. I think the 21st in the southern hemisphere brings them fall.

Jeigh said...

My MC would make up a song and they would sing it together.

Coreene Callahan said...

My MC would probably growl at it. He's so grouchy!

Lovely picture...the flowers make me wish spring had already sprung here.

Meredith said...

Yay for spring! My MC would try to sing along with the bird, possibly. If no one was looking.

megan said...

I have a sneaking suspicion my MC would, um, eat it. Plucked and cooked, obviously. But she wouldn't let it go to waste.

Donea Lee said...

Wow. Thanks, everyone! It looks like we've got a lot of different MC's out there. Which is why I enjoy Friday's on my blog so much. The diversity of ideas that come through ~ so fun. And such a great thing about being a writer and being in a wonderful writing community like this.

Your creativity continues to amaze! This is a great exercise in perspective. Everyone attacks a story idea in a different way, so I appreciate you playing along with me. Keep them coming!! :)