Saturday, September 13, 2008

Obviously I have nothing better to do today....

Here I am again, just once more before I go to bed. I just thought I'd share... www.dreammoods.com So, I don't know how reliable this site is - there were several typos in their descrips and menu options and that always just screams "unprofessional" to me...(English nerd...) BUT - it had some interesting information about dreams. Recurring dreams, of course, are supposed to be your subconcious trying to bring your waking mind to problems in your life that you need to figure out and face. The theme is often unchanging and they are supposed to be more nightmarish than anything else. Which made me think of this other bizzaro dream I have that involves a roller coaster and me running away from someone who is trying to kill me... I'll analyze that one later....

So - this "secret room" recurring dream isn't really nightmarish. I didn't find anything that specifically talked about secret rooms - but I did find something that talked about secret passageways and childhood homes in dreams and on the whole, these dreams are usually positive. Here is the info on secret passageways, which works the best I think:

To discover secret passageways in your dream, parallels to something new and/or exciting that is occurring in your waking life. It may refer to new opportunities, a new relationship, or a new attitude toward life. If you wake up before fully exploring these passageways, then it suggests that you may not know how to go about taking advantage of these opportunities or how to move forward with a relationship. Perhaps the newness and uncertainty of this discovery also makes you a little more cautious. This is a positive dream.

I also looked at "rats" and that signifies feelings of doubt, guilt and/or envy. Also unworthy thoughts I might be having that I'm keeping to myself, but that are eating me up inside. This one actually made a bit of sense to me...I'm a rather private person, the person who knew all my dirty little secrets was my mom and she took it all to the grave. I don't know that there is a living person that knows everything that goes on in my head...the good or the bad. It's kind of sad really. Also, the fact that I have always been FAR TOO self-concious and hide pieces of myself for fear the world will think I'm a total FREAK...well, it all lends. On a more literal interpretation, it's just funny that Tyler was the keeper of the rats. I could continue with that line of thought...but I won't.

Suppose I better call it a night. Just downloaded a bunch of pics of my camera FINALLY... I've got stuff on there from 2 or 3 years ago! I think I may post some pics from NY and VA. Watch for them! Good night...

No comments: